Dall'Oglio: is alive, opposition calls for his safe return

Syrian National Coalition calls on combatants to come forward

16 August, 10:01

    (ANSAmed) - ROME, AUGUST 16 - The opposition Syrian National Coalition (SNC) on Friday called on all combatants to come forward and guarantee the safe return of Jesuit priest Paolo Dall'Oglio, who was abducted in Syria on July 29 in the city of Raqqa.

    ''In spite of unconfirmed reports that Dall'Oglio had been killed, the information out of Raqqa is that he is still alive, but has not been located,'' the main Syrian opposition platform in exile said in a communique from Istanbul.

    The SNC is ''deeply concerned'' over the fate of the Italian priest.

    ''The SNC once more urges all Raqqa battalions and local councils to do everything in their power to guarantee the safe return of Father Paolo. The SNC stresses the need for all revolutionary forces to follow the guidelines of the Syrian revolution, such as the protection of civilians, journalists and priests,'' the communique said. (ANSAmed).

    © Copyright ANSA - All rights reserved

    Business opportunities

    The information system of business
    opportunities abroad

    News from Mediterranean