ISIS claims suicide attack on Yemen presidential palace

7 killed and 10 injured in Aden, Site reports

28 January, 19:59

    Men stand next to a crater made by a car bomb attack near the presidential palace in the southern port city of Aden, Yemen. Men stand next to a crater made by a car bomb attack near the presidential palace in the southern port city of Aden, Yemen.

    (ANSAmed) - BEIRUT, JANUARY 28 - In a Yemen torn apart by a civil war, an Islamic State (ISIS) suicide attack on Thursday targeted the Aden presidential palace.
    At least seven people were killed and 15 injured in the attack, which was attributed by the terrorist group to one of its fighters from the Netherlands.
    Aden police chief Shalal Shaei told Al Jazeera television that several of those killed were presidential palace guards.
    The attacker drove a car loaded with explosives into some cement blocks at a checkpoint not far from the entrance gate to the presidential palace in the Mashiq area.
    President Abd Rabbo Mansur Hadi recently returned to Aden after many months spent in exile in Saudi Arabia, where he fled after advances by the Shia Houthi rebels, who have controlled the capital, Sanaa, since September 2014. Fighting continues throughout the country.
    Al Jazeera also reported Thursday that a reporter and two other members of its crew that had been kidnapped in recent days in Taiz had been released.
    The director of the online jihadism monitoring group SITE, Rita Katz, said on Twitter that the ISIS-linked propagandist Amaq News Agency reported that the attack in Aden had been carried out by a Dutch foreign fighter known as 'Abu Hunaifa Al-Hollandi'. (ANSAmed).

    © Copyright ANSA - All rights reserved

    Business opportunities

    The information system of business
    opportunities abroad

    News from Mediterranean