Libya: female suicide bombers in Sirte for first time

'Neutralized' by Serraj's soldiers. 1st aid enters city

18 August, 18:03

    (ANSAmed) - CAIRO, AUGUST 18 - The spokesman for the forces under the Libyan Government of National Unity led by Fayez Al-Serraj, Mohamed Al-Ghasri, said Thursday that the Islamic State (ISIS) had for the first time tried to infiltrate female suicide bombers into Zone 2 of Sirte. Ghasri noted that the women had been wearing suicide vests but that ''they were neutralized when they tried to approach our men''. He added that four ISIS members had been arrested in the liberated areas of Sirte, where the corpses of 32 jihadists were found, and that demining operations were continuing in the area.

    ''The jihadists are currently blocked in Zones 3 and 1,'' he said. Meanwhile, the Libyan Red Crescent said that it had sent a humanitarian aid convoy towards the Sirte outskirts with the cooperation of the International Red Cross. He noted that he convoy consisted of six lorries with food, medicine, blankets and disinfectant. (ANSAmed).

    © Copyright ANSA - All rights reserved

    Business opportunities

    The information system of business
    opportunities abroad

    News from Mediterranean