EU calls resumption of Idlib offensive 'unacceptable'

Russian airstrike killed entire family Thursday, SOHR

23 January, 17:29

    (ANSAmed) - BRUSSELS, JANUARY 23 - ''Airstrikes by the Syrian regime and its backers in north west Syria have killed at least 35 people, many of them civilians, women and children in the last few days. Yet another ceasefire has been flouted. More than 350,000 civilians have been displaced over the last month alone,'' a statement released Thursday by the EU External Action spokesperson.

    ''The renewal of the offensive in Idlib, including repeated airstrikes and shelling targeting civilians are unacceptable and must cease. The EU will keep the sanctions against the Assad regime under review as long as these brutal attacks continue,'' it added.

    More civilians were killed Thursday in Idlib, including an entire family.

    The family was killed by a Russian airstrike in areas held by opposition forces.

    Reports were from the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights (SOHR), which said that the bombing focused on Saraqeb, a key city at the crossroads of two highways: Latakia-Aleppo and Hama-Aleppo.

    The source said that the parents and their three children had all been killed in the bombing.(ANSAmed).

    © Copyright ANSA - All rights reserved

    Business opportunities

    The information system of business
    opportunities abroad

    News from Mediterranean