Libya's Serraj vows to reject talks if Haftar breaks truce

'Blame will be on countries involved in Berlin conference'

27 January, 16:53

    (ANSAmed) - CAIRO, JANUARY 27 - Libyan prime minister Fayez al-Serraj has threatened that, if the forces under General Khalifa Haftar continue to violate a ceasefire, Tripoli will not send any delegates to any ''dialogue'' called for by an agreement reached in Berlin. He added that he would place the blame on countries - which he called ''godfathers'' - that backed the agreement, according to a statement from the Libyan 'Presidential Council of the Government of National Accord' published on the Facebook page of the government's press office. ''Faced with these repeated violations of the ceasefire, the Presidential Council,'' which Serraj is the head of, ''will be obliged to review its participation in any dialogue and blame the godfathers of the truce for the lack of compliance with the ceasefire itself by the attacker,'' the statement said. The truce had been signed by Tripoli ''out of respect and esteem for them'', the statement added in referring to the countries taking part in the Berlin conference, but ''knowing that these rebels will not respect any commitment''. ''The Presidential Council is calling on the participants of the Berlin conference to take on their responsibility after the repeated violations of the truce and the conference resolution by militias that are attacking,'' the statement said.(ANSAmed).

    © Copyright ANSA - All rights reserved

    Business opportunities

    The information system of business
    opportunities abroad

    News from Mediterranean