Tokyo says oil tankers in Gulf of Oman attacked

Trade minister announcement, 'Japanese-related' cargo

13 giugno, 15:48

(ANSAmed) - TOKYO, JUNE 13 - Japan's trade minister Hiroshige Seko said Thursday that the two oil tankers that had caught fire earlier in the day had been attacked. He added that the tankers had been carrying "Japan-related" cargo.

The incident occurred as Shinzo Abe was visiting Iran, as the first prime minister to do so since 1979. Japanese media said that Seko had initially held an emergency meeting at his ministry, where he had received a phone call on the matter. Seko gave orders to deal with the situation and continue to gather information. Japan imports almost all of its 3 million barrels of crude oil per day from Gulf countries, beginning with Saudi Arabia. After a halt to flows from Iran due to threats of sanctions from the US, Tokyo increased its imports from other area producers such as the UAE and Qatar.(ANSAmed).

© Copyright ANSA - Tutti i diritti riservati

Business opportunities

Il sistema informativo sulle opportunità
di business all'estero

News dal Mediterraneo