Libya: 50 migrants dead in shipwreck, Red Crescent

Libyan Coast Guard, we have no infomation on this

03 May, 14:31

    (ANSAmed) - ROME, MAY 3 - Fifty migrants, including a number of Egyptians, have died off Libya after the ship on which they were travelling sank, the Libyan Red Crescent was quoted as saying by Al Arabya in a Tweet.

    Previously, the UN agency International Organization for Migration (IOM) said that at least 11 people died after the rubber dinghy on which they were travelling sank. A total of 24 migrants were reportedly on board and were travelling to Europe.

    Libyan coast guards rescued 12 passengers.

    Libyan coast guards’ spokesman, admiral Masoud Ibrahim, told ANSA on the phone that he had no information concerning a shipwreck off Libya, in front of the coast of Zawiya, which was reported by al Arabiya. The network said 50 migrants died in the shipwreck. Ibrahim said the information could not be accurate. (ANSAmed)

    Y46

    (ANSAmed)

    © Copyright ANSA - All rights reserved

    Business opportunities

    The information system of business
    opportunities abroad

    News from Mediterranean